Closure objectives are developed as part of the closure process. These are used as benchmarks when developing and selecting closure plan options.
As an example, below are the closure objectives for the Faro Mine Complex.
- Protect human health and safety.
- Protect and, to the extent practicable, restore the environment including land, air, water, fish and wildlife.
- Return the mine site to an acceptable state of use that reflects pre-mining land use where practicable.
- Maximize local and Yukon socio-economic benefits.
- Manage long-term site risk in a cost-effective manner.