Energy, Mines and Resources


Proposed Agriculture Land Release

6.3 hectare parcel on the south side of the Hotsprings Road at Km 5.5. (Parcel 'C'). This parcel is proposed for release by the Agriculture Branch, Department of Energy Mines and Resources.  Anyone Wishing to provide written comments may do so within 30 days of this advertisement to:

Delivery: drop off at the Agriculture Branch office in Whitehorse at 320-300 Main Street, Elijah Smith Building.

Mailing address: Agricultural Land Coordinator, Department of Energy, Mines and Resources, Box 2703 Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 2C6 or



For more information phone: (867) 667-5838 or toll free: 1-800-661-0408 ext. 5838

Please be advised that any written responses to this advertisement will be considered part of the public record.

Elk/Agriculture Conflict Hunt

The Yukon government has established an Elk/Agriculture Conflict Hunt in response to concerns from Takhini River area farmers over crop damage caused by elk. The government’s goal is to train elk to avoid agricultural properties through aversive conditioning, consistent with the draft elk management plan.

New veterinary services program

The Veterinary Services Program reimburses participating veterinarians up to $1,000 per farm to cover costs associated with their travel and professional service fees.

Sunnydale planned agriculture land project: What we heard and Final Concept Plan

The results of the consultation and final concept of the proposed agriculture land release in the Sunnydale area is now available.

Contact Us: 

Room 320,
Elijah Smith Building,
300 Main Street, Whitehorse

Phone: 867.667.5838
Toll Free: 1.800.661.0408 ext. 5838
Fax: 867.393.6222