Energy, Mines and Resources


Agriculture Land Program

Yukon is one of the few places in Canada where Crown land can be obtained for agricultural purposes. To qualify for Crown land, an applicant must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada, must be at least 19 years of age, and must have lived in  Yukon for at least one year.

The process begins with an application to the Agriculture branch of the department of Energy Mines and Resources. The application must describe the intended uses of the land, and the applicant must submit a Farm Development Plan (FDP) as part of making the land application. The FDP is a part of the application and must be approved by Agriculture branch. Applicants must also declare that they will retain their Yukon residency for the duration of any agricultural land Agreement for Sale that may result.