Energy, Mines and Resources

Land Management

Whitehorse, Yukon

Scroggie Creek winter trail

Permit requirements have changed for heavy equipment travel on the Scroggie Creek winter trail. A Land Use Permit is now required from the Land Management Branch. A permit from the department of Highways & Public Works is no longer required. Heavy equipment includes vehicles exceeding 5 ton net weight or vehicles exerting a ground pressure in excess of 35 kPa.

Please contact Land Management at 867.667.5215 or toll-free at 1.800.661.0408 ext. 5215 for further information about timelines and requirements for obtaining a Land Use Permit.

Quarry permits for designated
public pits

Quarry Permits for granular material from designated public pits can be acquired from your local Compliance Monitoring & Inspections District Office. Yukon residents are eligible for up to 35 cubic metres of material for personal use at no charge.

Land application appeal process

A guide is now available to help applicants and other parties better understand the land application appeal process.  The guide describes grounds for appeal, the levels of appeal through branch personnel, and defines timelines for appeal submissions and departmental response. 

Customer Service Survey

It just takes a minute to fill out the Land Management survey  (44 KB) >>>

Can't find what you're looking for?

Visit the Land Planning website for information on:

  • area development regulations,
  • zoning,
  • local area plans,
  • subdivision, and
  • land planning maps.

Contact Land Management

Room 320,
Elijah Smith Building,
300 Main Street, Whitehorse

Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 – 4:30
Mail us: Box 2703 K-320
              Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 2C6
General Inquiries: 867.667.5215
Toll Free: 1.800.661.0408 ext. 5215