Energy, Mines and Resources

Zoning amendments

Zoning amendment application

Do I need to apply?
Not all communities have zoning regulations. For a list of the existing zoning regulations, see Planning and Zoning Areas. If your proposed uses are not on the list of permitted uses within your existing zoning designation, you will likely need to apply for rezoning. If your parcel is within a municipality, you will need to apply to your municipal government for rezoning.

How do I apply?
If you want to rezone your land, you first have to find out who administers zoning for your area. Each municipality is responsible for zoning within their own boundaries. Land Planning administers zoning in other communities and rural areas. There are also areas of Yukon where no zoning applies.

You can get information and application forms from Land Planning. We will tell you what uses are allowed on your property and if rezoning is necessary.

To apply for rezoning, you must provide:

  • a completed Application Form (including description of property, existing and proposed use, etc);
     English  217 KB français  258 KB
  • a copy of the current Certificate of Title to the property from the Land Titles Office; and
  • a location map.

The Yukon government does not charge a rezoning application fee.

Where do I apply?
You can apply for rezoning at the Land Planning Branch:

Land Use Planner
Land Planning Branch
320-300 Main Street, Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
Tel: 867.667.5299
Toll-free (in Yukon): 1.800.661.0408
Fax: 867.393.6258