Energy, Mines and Resources


Selling Subdivided Land

What other consents might I need?
Before any sale can take place, you may have to provide the Land Titles Office with the consent of anyone who holds a mortgage or other interest against your property. Land Titles Office can provide you with more information.

When can I sell my newly subdivided land?
You're free to sell the new lot(s) when your survey is completed and after the final Plan of Survey is registered at the Land Titles Office. Your Canada Lands Surveyor will be able to advise you of when this process is completed. You would sell your new parcel(s) as you would any other property, either privately or through a real estate agent.

Subdivision Land Use Planner

320-300 Main Street
Box 2703, Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
Tel: 867.667.8877
Toll-free (in Yukon): 1.800.661.0408 ext. 8877
Fax: 867.393.6340