SkyLine Air Photo Locator
Please note: SkyLine has been updated to a new mobile-friendly viewer using HTML5. All of the content is the same and most of the tools are the same, though some functions are no longer available such as the ability to save projects. This site was developed using ArcGIS for Server and Geocortex Essentials.
How to use SkyLine:
- SkyLine is a map viewer which will allow you to find Yukon aerial photographs for a given location.
- On the Yukon map, zoom in to the area of interest by double-clicking on the area. To pan, hold down the left mouse button while moving the mouse around.
- As you zoom in, flightlines and photo points will begin to appear as brown lines and brown dots on the map.
- Once you have zoomed in enough to see air photo numbers, left-click on the photo point you are interested in. To see more information, make sure “Air Photo Location” is selected in the drop-down box, then click “View Additional Details”.
- Photo points that have a plus sign in the circle include a digitized air photo. If a digital copy is available, a thumbnail photo will appear in the left-hand column. To view the full-sized image file, scroll down and click the “Airphoto (Full)” link provided under the thumbnail.
IMPORTANT: not all photos indexed in SkyLine are held at the EMR Library. To determine whether a photo can be found at the EMR Library, click on the “Library Catalogue Link” in the left column. The EMR Library catalogue will open, giving the locations of the photos. For more information on these locations, visit our Aerial Photographs page.
Limiting your search by year:
- To limit your search by year, open the Toolbar by clicking on the icon, then click the “Show Layers” button. Under the heading “Airphoto Library”, uncheck the box that says “All Years”, then use the other check-boxes to select the years you would like displayed.
- Double click or use the scroll wheel on your mouse to zoom in on the map.
- To add satellite imagery to the map, go to the “Base Maps” layer and check the boxes for desired satellite or aerial photograph layers.
- To print the map, open the Toolbar and choose "Print".
- To access more tools at any time, click on the Toolbar icon.
If you would like assistance using this application, please contact the EMR Library at 667-3111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.